Swanage Photographic Society was founded in 1954 as the Swanage Camera Club. The club has evolved over the years into a very friendly group. Throughout this time all members have received encouragement to take images and to show their work, and this remains as strong today as it did at the outset.
Members remained faithful to film and particularly slide film, until around 2010 when the change to digital media was inevitable. The club then decided to rename itself as The Swanage Photographic Society to embrace both film and digital photography.
Over the years the society has met at a number of locations but now meets at the Rectory Classroom on Church Hill and this remains the preferred location.
Meetings are held at 7:30pm on the first and third Fridays of the month between September and May, and involve a mixture of visiting speakers and competitions for the members which are scored by visiting judges.
Why not join us? New members and visitors are always welcome.