20th December 2019
- Simon Parvin and Bob Hollister jointly won the second round of the Browne Cup, and the second round of the Anders cup was jointly won by Simon Parvin and Alf Stearm.
6 December 2019
- The Harris Cup was won by Simon Parvin and the Bichard Trophy by Martin Franks. Well done to both.
1 November 2019
- Congratulations to Pauline Pierce and Martin Franks for winning the Shore and Pangbourne competitions respectively.
18 October 2019
- A good opening session for the three part Anders and Browne competitions. Leaders so far: Bob Hollister and Simon Parvin
20 September 2019
- Well done to Simon Parvin for winning both the Robbo and Hollister competitions.
5th April 2019
- Well done to Simon Parvin for winning the Ken Moore Trophy and to Susie Kew for again winning the Ward and Purbeck Trophy.
15 March 2019
- Well done to Simon Parvin for winning the Jubilee Cup and to Howard Oliver for winning the Ward and Purbeck Trophy. Thank you to Colin Gogerty for his judging.
1 March 2019
- Many thanks to Brian Tarling for his entertaining and informative talk on photographic technicalities. His clever use of photographic print to illustrate his talk was particularly helpful.
15 February 2019
- Well done to Bob Hollister and Jackie Franks for scoring 10/10 in the third part of the Browne competition and to Frank Nicoll, Ian Lumsden and Susie Kew for scoring 10/10 in the third [part of the Anders competition.
1 February 2019
- The planned Portraiture evening was cancelled due to the weather. It will be rescheduled at the end of the season
18 January 2019
- Well done to Howard Oliver for winning the 3 in 1 competition with his trio of "Pier Departure" shots, and to Simon Parvin for winning the Dorset Cup with his "PAW art exhibition" photo.
4 January 2019
- We all enjoyed a pleasant evening with our New Year buffet and presentations from Alf Stearn, Bob Hollister, Colin Brixton, Derek Harris, Jackie Franks, Frank Nicoll, Howard Oliver and Simon Parvin.
- Congratulations to Bob Hollister and Simon Parvin for scoring 10/10 in the second part of the Anders competition, and to Susie Kew, Simon Parvin and Jackie Franks (twice) for scoring 10/10 in the second part of the Browne competition.
- Congratualtions to Alf Stearn on winning the Harris Cup with his Corfe Castle image and to Jackie Franks for winning the Bichard Trophy with her image of "Pink on blue" shoe reflection.
- Many thanks to Emily Endean for a fantastic talk entitled "Sunrise to sunset"
- Well done to Howard Oliver for winning the Shore Trophy and to Bob Hollister for winning the Pangbourne Cup.
- Congratulations to Bob Hollister and Susie Kew for scoring 10/10 in the first part of the Anders competition, and to Ian Lumsden and Susie Kew for scoring 10/10 in the first part of the Browne competition.
- This evening we enjoyed an excellent talk by Eric Watson on "North Corsica".
- Congratulations to Simon Parvin for winning the Holister Cup and to Susie Kew for winning the Robbo Trophy. The images can be viewed under the "Featured" tab above.
- Congratulations to Martin Franks for winning the combined Ward and Purbeck Trophy and to Simon Parvin for winning the Jubilee Cup. Brian Tarling provided excellent and amusing judging.
- Owing to the snow and ice the planned meeting was cancelled.
- Congratulations to Bob Hollister and Jackie Franks who shared first place in the final part of the Anders Cup competition and to Howard Oliver for winning the final part of the Browne Cup competition. Many thanks to Mike Weeks for the excellent quality of his judging.
- At this meeting we will have a presentation of garden photography by Howard Oliver followed by members pictures of gardens
- Congratulations top Bob Hollister on winning the 3 in 1 Cup and to Bryan Anders for winning the Dorset cup
5 January 2018
- Many thanks to Steve Olding for his excellent presentation and to all who brought food for the New Yeat buffet. The results of the Bichard Trophy were presented together with presentations from Howard Oliver, Jackie Franks, Donna White and Simon Parvin
- Congratulations to Donna White and Howard Oliver for jointly winning the second round of the Anders Cup and to Howard Oliver and Bob Hollister for jointly winning round 2 of the Browne Trophy.
- This evening we enjoyed the Harris Cup, won by Ray Harris with his photo entitled "Follow my leader". The Bichard Trophy was deferred until later in the season
- This evening John and Di Tilsley provided some excellent insight into their respective takes on photography above the Arctic Circle.
- Ray Harris won again in the 'Lovers' themed Pangbourne Cup, while Donna White won the Shore Trophy. Well done to both
- Congratulations to Ray Harris for winning the first round of the Anders Cup competition and to Donna White for winning the first round of the Browne Cup.
- Mike Webber gave two talks on "Gardens from near and far, and a trip between Atlanta and Niagara.
- At our first meeting the Hollister Cup was won by Simon Parvin and the Robbo Cup by Susie Kew with her photos of raptors. The competition images can be seen under the Featured tab (above).
- Congratulations to Meriel Parvin on winning the Ken Moore Trophy with her photo of snowdrops, and to Susie Kew for winning the SPS Jubilee Cup with her photos of butterflies.
- This evening the Ward Trophy was won by Martin Franks with his photo of a sand race. The Purbeck Trophy was won by Jackie Franks for her photo of a fast moving vintage car. The Jubilee Cup was won by Howard Oliver with his photo of the London Eye with a vapour trail.
- This evening saw the third of our visiting speakers. Rob Barron presented "Droning on" a presentation of photos and videos from the air. We were treated to views of Poole most of us hadn't seen before.
- The third rounds of Anders (open) and Browne (squares) competitions were run today. Bob Hollister and Simon Parvin each won each of the competition third rounds, but who will win the overall competitions?
- At this meeting Simon Parvin gave a presentation entitled "African Safari". Howard Oliver gave a similar presentation entitled "Safari Photographs of Cherry Keaton". In the second half members showed a wide variety of wildlife photographs from nearer home.
- Congratulations to Alf Stearn for winning the Dorset Cup and to Howard Oliver for winning the "3 in 1" Cup.
- The Robbo cup was won by Howard Oliver with his photos of two ducks performing synchronised eating. There were two essays by Howard Oliver (Oxford Christmas market) and Jackie Franks (a film on her photos from 2016).
- Once again Donna's two photos won the second of three Anders competitions. The second Browne competition was won jointly by Simon and Meriel Parvin (with Meriel's image having been taken on her iphone).
- Congratulations to Jackie Franks (first place), Donna White (2nd place)and Bob Hollister (3rd place) in the Bichard Trophy and to Howard Oliver (1st place) and Bob Hollister (2nd and 3rd places) in the Harris Cup. The judge was John Tilsley.
- The next meeting is on 18 November when Maria Munn will present "Get creative with your compact camera and phone - above and under water". Check out her facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/maria.munn.3
- Congratulations to Donna White for a clean sweep in both the Pangbourne Cup (1st) and Shore Trophy (1st and 2nd).
- At the Wessex Colour Group competition Swanage came 6th= with 64 points. We were robbed!
- Full results
- Wareham 72
- Dorchester 70.5
- Wimborne 68
- Weymouth 67.5
- Blandford 65.5
- Yeovil 64
- Swanage 64
- Bridport 63
- The two 3-part competitions began with a win for Heather Bell in Browne 1 with her photos entitled "old Harry View" and for Donna White in Anders 1 with "Tranquil text"
- Members enjoyed a presentation entitled "Astrophotography" by Stephen Banks in the Rectory Classroom on Church Hill.
- The first meeting of the 2016-2017 season took place in the Rectory Classroom. Unfortunately there were some computer difficulties which made projection a problem leading to cropped images. Congratulations to Jackie Franks on winning the Hollister Cup. The Robbo Trophy will be run again on 6 January.
16 July 2016
- Six members visited Barrington Court near Ilminster, including Colin and Jean, Simon and Meriel and Tim and Suzie. The tudor house is fascinating having been rescued by the Lyle (Tate and Lyle) family in the 1920's. Perhaps the most impressive part was the extensive gardens.
25 June 2016
- Fifteen members (Bryan Anders, Heather & Peter Bell, Colin & Jean Brixton, Ann Gould, Derek Harris, Ray & Brenda Harris, Susie & Tim Kew, Ian & Tina Lumsden and Howard & Sylvia Oliver) and one non-member (Kate) met in the Prince Albert Gardens for fish and chips from Harlees at the end of the day for photographing "Unusual Swanage" for the Hollister Cup.
24 May 2016
21 May 2016
- Today Society members visited Corfe Castle village to take photographs for the Hollister Cup. This visit is the first of three this summer. The other two are on 25 June for "Unusual Swanage" and on 16 July at Barrington Court near Ilminster. On 25 June meet at Prince Albert Gardens at 18:00.
Swanage Photographic Society